Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dear Diary, I can be random.

So here's something I found from my previous blog, something from a different era altogether,something I feel MUST be a part of this one too. Just another day in this oh-so-ordinary life.



I am in a love- hate relationship with my job. But then who isn't? In a way, it’s fun. It’s exciting seeing a campaign go live, it’s exciting seeing things being created from scratch, it’s fun seeing results (good or bad), and it’s immensely satisfying seeing it end. I guess it’s just the way I am, I love planning and organizing stuff. I like it when there’s a plan in my head, I like it when I am in control of things. Plus working at an agency always sounded like fun. Don’t get me wrong here- I like working there and all that, but it isn't that cool or laid back. No we don’t play foosball in our free time (instead, we take chai-breaks and gossip about WORK, and/or personal life crises), we do not drink at work, we do not play edm all day, and we most definitely do not have hot men/women coming up with ground breaking campaign ideas every now and then…you get the point, right? I work in a regular office, with regular people, and even though I enjoy it, it gets to me sometimes.

1. Like when someone who understands NOTHING about technology tries teaching me my job- sorry for the language but the bitch has had it for sure!!!! I will be patient, but I will get my revenge. I will.

2. Like when someone who understands nothing about client servicing starts talking like she owns the company/understands our job—it’s downhill from here bro. You have been warned.

Yes I am a bit egoistic when it comes to this, but then why shouldn’t I be? I haven’t done my MBA for nothing. I cannot tolerate being treated like this. I have a life outside of work too, and I shall continue to live that. We gotta draw the line somewhere, or else they hold onto that one weakness of ours (yes, dedication is a weakness) and then start the emotional blackmailing.Too many good people are wasting their time here I feel. No appreciation for the hard work we put in, no acknowledgement, nothing. Apparently all that we do is make sure the campaign is going well by giving other people a whole lot of work which is not humanly possible. I don’t even know what to say to this anymore. This place isn’t meant for nice people, period.
So this was work. I came home feeling dejected and super annoyed. Snapped at my mother for no reason. Grumpy in general.  Boyfriend didn't call/text today. Then I decided to take a shower, to calm myself down.

And while in the shower I realized there is absolutely no reason for me to feel this way. Why should I depend on my boyfriend to call me? If he wants to, he will. No point crying. Why let people take you for granted? Why feel that way??? Why be dependent on others? Eleanor Roosevelt once said- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” And that is a 100 percent true. Why feel low ‘cos nobody is there when you actually need them there, especially when they have a choice? Why do this to yourself? Why let work get to you? Take charge, and bring on the bitch!!!

Yeah, I guess I feel better now. And nobody but I am responsible for this. So here’s to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment