Thursday, August 29, 2013

You said you'd never be all the things that you see




Everybody is fighting a battle. 

Do you ever just feel like the world is passing you by?  Maybe it is just because I feel so trapped in this prison I am living in but I feel like I can look out and see the world just flying by me. Like the blur of time will just flash by and my consciousness will just slow into nothingness. 

Look at me..flying high, free from the mundane issues of your daily life. Look at me gliding along effortlessly, being on my own. I sit on my branch all afternoon, with that staunch nobility I have learned to master. I sit there observing the whole universe, looking at those that try to invade my personal space. I look at one small bit in particular, struggling through the strong winds, making his way towards my tree. "Come join me", I dare him. I see him choose a lower branch, I see him look up at me. I can sense the fear, and it satisfies me. I continue looking out at the horizon, observing the others- chirping and squawking all day. And I judge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment