Saturday, August 31, 2013

Real eyes. Real lies.

Why is it that some of us give so much? We just GIVE. Some people give more than others. Some don’t show it, others do. Some don’t give at all. Why can't things ever be balanced?

We would do anything to keep them happy, go out of our way to make them feel special, and what do we get in return? “All right I am not in the mood for gossip is there anything else that you want to say or can I carry on with my work?” or “yeah ok” or “why do you care” or “stop being boring” And because we know this is how they are, we learn to deal with this. And then they take us for granted. All of them. They know you will get over the shock of being snapped at/shouted at/laughed at, and will bounce back to being the happy hyper bunny self of yours. I am sorry, NOT ANYMORE. So what, are we weak 'cos we display our emotions? (Maybe you were so caught up in yourself that you missed the whole outburst)What makes you think you know me so well? What makes you think I am a helpless soul begging to be rescued? What makes you think I cannot make my own decisions? What makes you think YOU can take my decisions for me? What makes you think you know what my problems are? What makes you think you can say whatever it is that you want to, and get away with it? What makes you think I am going to buy all the holier than thou nonsense that you are so full of? What makes you think demeaning others and laughing at them makes you better than others?


Sometimes, all we need is some credit. Some acknowledgement for being there. We don’t demand it 24x7, but it feels good to know that you feel we are worth it. Sometimes, we want their tough cold exterior to break down and be with us for who they truly are. Sometimes we just want them to know that we are not fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment