Monday, March 10, 2014

A lunch for one- Dario's

Tried the Onion Tart for lunch this Monday. A quick summary-

1.The service has improved since the last time I visited (back in June 2013) Or maybe it's the lack of customers on a Monday afternoon. Either way, I didn't have any complains as far as the service was concerned.

2. The Onion Tart was a tad bit too oily. Oily enough to put you off, you know what I mean? If you're paying a bomb for something, you don't want to be served something that LOOKS unappetizing.



3. The tart was served with mashed potatoes. Honestly, even the accompaniments ended up disappointing me. Mashed potatoes are best enjoyed when smooth, creamy and soft. The texture reminded me of thick rice pudding. And it wasn't even tasty. I could do a better job with mashed potatoes, and that's saying something.



It's heart-breaking, paying 450 bucks for something that doesn't satisfy your taste buds, and ends up clogging your arteries. Tch tch!

4. I also ordered a mocktail- the Pussy Cat. A distinct flavor of pineapple, this drink gave me the perfect sugar rush I had been craving for all day. Worth paying 200 for.



I'd love to come here again, it's beautiful, and extremely relaxing. I could come here alone and spend hours  writing, while sipping mocktails. I wish they would do a better job with the food though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment