Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cos I eat Dessert for Breakfast - Peter's Pan


Being a morning person, I have always enjoyed breakfast scenes. Call me at 7:00am for a breakfast meeting, and I will be there 5 min before time. Scientifically proven, the breakfast must be the heaviest meal of the day...plus after killing myself at the gym every morning I could eat enough for 2 people. So you get the drift. Meet me for breakfast, and you'll never really regret it. 

I met a school friend after ages- yes sadly it's that point in life when all the close ones are all over the world. Meeting someone for even a day now gets me excited, and meeting someone who is equally excited about breakfast and chocolate and FOOD made this even more special. 

We went to a small cafe in the neighborhood- Peter's Pan. It's been here for quite some time, and I have gone here a bunch of times for pancakes and well, pancakes. This is one good thing about this place- it's been so long, and they have maintained the quality of their pancakes (maybe even got better!) So yes, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that pancakes was part of our breakfast. 


This is what we had-

Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast
Banana Caramel Pancakes
Coffee

(All for 230 bucks, hell yeah!)

The verdict-



French Toast

Three thick slices of toast, covered in caramel sauce. The sight of the dish gave me a sugar high, I kid you not. Here, have a look-




One bite of this beautiful dish, and I couldn't STOP. I ended up eating 2 out of the 3 slices (I must learn some self-control) There is not too much egg, which is good (I once had a bad experience with French Toasts when the egg was a little too much, and it ended up smelling a little stale once it got cold) and the flavor ended up being almost perfect. What was missing was the cinnamon- there was absolutely no hint of cinnamon in the bread, when in fact it was one of the main reasons I had chosen that particular option (They had Jalapeno and Cheese French Toast too, but well, blame my sweet tooth for ordering desserts for breakfast) Vanilla cinnamon did sound a little more interesting..so yes, I was a little disappointed with the missing cinnamon. But that was probably just in the initial 3-4 bites...after that I think we were too busy catching up to even bother about missing cinnamon. 




Banana Caramel PANCAKES


This has been a personal favorite here. I have my moments once in 3 months when I come over for banana caramel pancakes. It pains me to see how people don't think banana, caramel, whipped cream served with pancakes cannot be a good thing. I agree, not everyone is ambitious when it comes to trying out new food and flavors. Here I am, assuring you that you are going to love this little change, and that you might want to shift over from chocolate too. 










Do give it a try. The pancakes are soft, fluffy, and filling. One plate contains 3 pancakes, so maybe you could come over and try it out one fine evening. Just a little food experiment :) 



The service is a little slow, you might have to wait a little too long for your order to be ready, but in the end it's all worth it. 









4 comments: