Monday, February 10, 2014

A lazy Sunday afternoon - Brooklyn Shuffle, Pune

A lazy Sunday morning spent lazing around on the couch, watching Shrek and wondering what to eat for lunch. And before we knew it, we were on our way to Brooklyn Shuffle. You know, a change from the routine, a change of place, change of food, ambiance, mood, everything. Brooklyn's got such a happy feel to it, then why not? J
We reached a little late for lunch (2:45pm) and were surprised to see the place buzzing with people.The staff here is super friendly, and within a minute we had found a perfect corner for the three of us, with cozy blue chairs and a sun-lit table. You know, the perfect Sunday setting. 
We decided to order 3 dishes for the 3 of us, which turned out to be a lot since the place is a little too generous (it’s a GOOD thing) with it’s portions.  This is what we ordered-

1 Fried Chicken Burger
1 Chiken Banh Mi Sub
1 Chicken Mac and Cheese

Along with this, we ordered-
1 Cappuccino
1 Fresh Pineapple juice
1 Coke


Here’s the verdict-

Fried Chicken Burger




10/10 for the presentation. The fries in the bucket, the onion rings on the side, coleslaw, and the humongous burger on a wooden plate. All for you to eat. I was afraid to touch it cos it looked so BEAUTIFUL. The fried chicken patty looked juicy and tempting, the size of the burger was a bit overwhelming, and the quantity of the entire dish, along with its accompaniments, was a lot more than what I had expected.
One bite into the burger, and I was a little disappointed. People love the fried chicken burger here, is what we were told. But maybe I was expecting spices, a little flavor..a little something that seemed to be missing. The coleslaw in the burger ended up making it a little too bland I guess. I had to eat the burger with ketchup to get a strong flavor. I also had to remove the pickles and the coleslaw from the burger to get a strong taste, but it didn’t really work for me. I would suggest they added a little flavor, a little spice, so that it doesn’t taste bland.

Chiken Banh Mi Sub



Once again, 10/10 for the presentation. But again, the taste was a little disappointing. The bread was hard since it was toasted, and it made eating the whole sub a difficult process. The sub had a little tangy flavor cos of the pickles, and the chicken was well cooked, but I could have done with some spice.


Chicken Mac and Cheese





Goes without saying, 10/10 for the presentation. This came accompanied with 2 pieces of bread, and was the best dish on the table. Oh, the cheese and the white sauce- PERFECT. It tasted as good as it looked . Yes, this was bland, but it’s SUPPOSED to be so. It tends to get a little too heavy for the stomach since there’s so much of pasta and cheese to be eaten, but sit around for a couple of hours, and you can finish it off easily. And it’s worth it.

The Cappuccino was brilliant. Light, not too milky, a perfect froth..*sigh*  (Psst- I live for coffee)
The fresh Pineapple juice- MUST TRY IT. Perfect sugar rush, fresh, and TASTY.

Also, you must know that when I say I am a foodie, I mean it. So if you thought I was leaving before having dessert, you were wrong. Yes, after all that, my mother and sister were looking at me as if I had gone nuts, but hey, life’s too short to miss out on dessert!


So I ordered the Apple Crumble Pie. I have eaten this earlier, and have written about it. It was good back in December, and now it seems to have become even better. Yeah, can you  BELIEVE that? It’s warm, the crust tastes like Shrewsbury biscuits (much tastier than the biscuits actually) and the apple inside is warm,sweet, and mixed perfectly well with cinnamon. It is served with one scoop of vanilla ice cream. My sister and mother, who claimed to be too full to eat more, had half of the pie together. (OMG, this is SO yum, how do I stop? :/) Well yeah, the dessert made up for the disappointment with the burger and the sub earlier.






I’ll be coming back. This time for coffee, the pie, and some writing (the place has a quiet space outside where you can sit at a table quietly and read/write, lost in your own world)


Happy Eating!





























No comments:

Post a Comment